"Somewhere in the Great Desert, an ancient tomb awaits an eager adventurer."
Minimal Raider is my homage to the Tomb Raider franchise for the #tombraiderjam, and also my first fully 3D game. It's roughly of the scope of a challenge tomb from one of the modern games, and it focuses on exploration like the old games did. But watch out for the deadly traps and challenges that can be found throughout... only a skilled adventurer will be able to make it out alive with the treasure.
- Movement : WASD / arrows / left analog stick
- Look around : Mouse / Right analog stick
- Jump / climb : Space / Cross
- Roll : Q / R1 / Cricle
- Crouch : Ctrl / L1 / Square
- Drop : X / Circle
- Walk : Left shift / R2
- Menu : Escape / Start
- The desert sands are keeping this one safe
- Don't rush through the entrance
- Instead of climbing up, climb down
- Carelessly left in a passageway
- Don't get distracted by the treasure
- Improved colliders on spinning blades.
- Improved animation timing for stabbing blades.
- Pulling the lever behind the blades now stops the blades.
- Improved crouch animation.
- Improved ledges at the exit of the cave to prevent bouncing off and falling.
- Improved player character model's face.
- Pretty sure the climbing bug is finally completely fixed now!
- The quality setting in the game now correctly matches the quality setting chosen from the launcher.
- Reduced the lightness of the white blocks material to improve the readability of the shapes.
- New app icon.
- Fixed a bug where the player character would sometimes crouch automatically when detecting low edges.
- Replaced the spinning blades with a better model and changed their layout so you can no longer walk between them.
- Added functional levers to the pillar buttons.
- Improved the shadow rendering.
- Dropped support for DX9 in favor of some quaity improvements. Let me know if this affects you and I can make a new build.
- Fixed the bug that prevented the use animation from playing when flipping switches.
- Fixed the bug that stopped the boulder from killing you sometimes.
- Increased shadow resolution on the High graphics level.
- Compensated for the potential performance hit of the new shadows by adding color grading and fog to the Low graphics level, making it a nicer-looking alternative than it was.
- Removed the SSAO effect for a cleaner look and a few extra frames.
- Added a spiky floor to the axe room. Don't fall!
- Fixed the bug where low obstacles could not be climbed when the framerate was low.
- Fixed the bug where some ledges did not trigger the auto ledge grab.
- Fixed the bug where you could immediately exit the game at the beginning by pressing E near the jeep.
- Fixed the bug where the character kept running by herself in some cases when pressing the use button and move buttons at the same time.
- Fixed the bug that caused the shadows to appear much fuzzier than intended.
- Improved the layout of the ledges leading up to the button platform in the great hall.
- Improved the layout of the ledges leading down to the secret in the great hall.
- Added four extra secrets around the level for a total of five.
- Added a toggle to the pause menu to turn off automatic ledge grabbing. This only applies to the saving ledge grab when running off the edge of a platform, not for grabbing a ledge during a jump. In manual mode you can still climb down by pressing X.
- Added a respawn button to the pause menu to reset your character in case you get stuck somewhere.
- Lowered the volume of the traps.
- Added more foliage around the altar.
- Added support for arrow key controls.
- Remapped roll to Q to make it easier to reach.
- Improved gamepad button mapping
- Quitting the game after reaching the ending now requires manual confirmation (escape).