I chickened out and escaped with Roselinde. XD Nuh huh, ain't no way I'm going in that cellar. I don't even like my OWN cellar.
The House on Holland Hill
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Entry for the Idle Thumbs Wizard Jam 4.
A twenty-year-old weird house...
A most memorable maid...
A shadow of something...
The eyes of Luigi.
THOHH is a first-person exploration game in which you play as pizza delivery guy Luigi. Through a series of vignettes, you experience the story of the house on Holland Hill and its residents, where Luigi made frequent deliveries.
- Explore a 3D environment filled with 2D characters
- A short-ish interactive story seen through the eyes of an outsider
- A slow-boiling plot filled with ambiguity and simmering unease
- Adult themes and situations (NSFW)
- Four different endings
- Fixed a bunch of typos, awkward phrasings and colloquialisms. (thanks to Ryland Garnett)
- Luigi's hands should no longer be cut off or floating when you play the game in a different resolution or aspect ratio.
- Fixed the erroneously unlocked cellar door on Delivery 9.
- Fixed Luigi's missing hands during Delivery 2-13, a bug introduced in v1.1.
- Disabled the save option in the menu until it is properly implemented.
- Fixed the cellar door bug for real this time!
- Added a check in Delivery 7 that prevents Rosalinde from closing the door while you are still inside the house.
- Improved the triggers in the cellar in Delivery 10.
- Luigi's shadow now correctly reflects whether he is carrying the food order or not.
- Fixed the unpressable Quit button on the ending screen.
- Switched the antialiasing from SMAA to FXAA to improve performance a little, and apparently visual quality also.
- Added a splash screen and desktop icon.
- The game now creates an autosave at the start of each delivery, so you can safely quit the game and come back later.
- Added a main menu, with a button to continue from an autosave (if it exists).
- Fixed a bug where Rosalinde would fall off the stairs in Delivery 13, breaking the game.
- Reduced the amount of times characters get stuck while walking in general.
- Numerous improvements to the UI.
- Fixed a bug where Luigi's hands would disappear when a submenu was opened. (Damn those hands, causing so much trouble.)
- Attempted to improve performance somewhat by adding occlusion culling and some tweaked shadow settings.
- Added a setting to adjust the quality of the postprocessing effects in the options menu.
- Player now faces towards the house at the start of each delivery.
- The shelf in the living room was rotated the wrong way. My bad.
- Fixed a bug where the glass door would open in the wrong direction during later deliveries.
Built in two weeks using Unity and Adventure Creator. Art, programming and story by me, with help from story consultant Ryland Garnett. Furniture made by OneSquareFoot, exterior props by Mikael Gustafsson, car by 1Poly. SFX sourced from Freesound.
|Published||292 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||2D, 3D, dread, Exploration, First-Person, nsfw, Story Rich, thriller, vignettes, weird|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I really enjoyed this! It played longer than you'd expect for a gamjam type game!
Wow, nothing but good things to say about this. Seems like you spent your time very wisely!
That was super good.
Fantastic! Really confident and effective storytelling with a cumulative tension. Nice visuals and writing, too.