love it thank you so much :):):):
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Reconquista is a short narrative first-person exploration game, in which you play as an Incan rebel coming to reclaim a sacred artifact from the conquistador-occupied island of Huaca, off the coast of South America.
Your goal is to light the four shrines to open the temple, and escape with what you find inside.
- New more varied and denser vegetation
- New ocean renderer
- Improved lighting, fog and postprocessing
- Improved textures
- Improved performance
- Improved visibility in dark areas (eye adaption)
- Made the UI compatible with gamepads! Now you won't need a keyboard or mouse around to play the game.
- Added soft shadows for dynamics lightsources (so no more jaggies).
- Tweaks to mouse smoothing, lighting, color grading and other visual effects.
- Many small performance improvements.
- Replaced the lame ending screens with something better for when you complete the game (or die), and greatly increased the time period before the game quits (or restarts) automatically once you get there
- Lowered default mouse sensitivity
- Added a mouse sensitivity slider to the pause menu
- Added a windowed mode toggle to the pause menu in the Windows version (MacOS version already supports multitasking)
- Reduced the amount of conquistador spawn points
- Made the Fear effect less intrusive
- Replaced the artefact's pedestal with a better model
- Improved the motion blur quality
- Enabled soft shadows on the highest quality level
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Quality slider from actually adjusting some things correctly (mainly shadow and texture resolution)
- Fixed a bug in the UI when interacting with the resolution dropdown
- Fixed the normal map on the stone tiles texture
- Gamepad support.
- Increased size of the player to feel better-proportioned to the island.
- Completely overhauled foliage and rocks.
- New buildings hidden across the island.
- Added 'puzzle' to get access to pyramid.
- Added extra detail to pyramid.
- Replaced artefact with a better model.
- Added rain to late game.
- New enemy texture and animations.
- Enemy now attacks at close range instead of insta-killing you.
- Improved terrain rendering (normal maps, no more stretched textures).
- New postprocessing effects (depth of field, motion blur, tonemapping, color grading, anti-aliasing).
- Improved fire effect.
- Added in-game resolution selection option.
- Improved default mouse smoothing.
- Improved UI look and layout.
- Proper occlusion culling.
- Performance tweaks and bug fixes.
- Added a checkbox in the pause menu to disable mouse smoothing.
- Fixed the default graphics setting not matching with the in-game graphics quality setting. This might improve performance as the in-game setting toggles additional things like draw distance and foliage density.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Reconquista update v2.2Jun 05, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
First time through I didn't even realize I was being chased until I was attacked. XD
Fun game! I liked trying to find all the small torches to light! Very nice set up too. Good job! Liked it a lot.
A great game. Loved the atmosphere.
First play through and found some bugs. Using an Xbox controller, running while holding RT and pressing Y put me into some kind of 'out of body' fly mode, where I could zoom anywhere, including into the locked temple. Pressing A put me back into my body. Also, the game abruptly quit when I got back to my boat after retriving the idol, probably because i was fratically pressing the use button, thinking i would need to in order to actually get in the boat. Didn't get a good look at the monsters as I was busy fleeing for my life.
Second playthough worked fine. A more threating monster and something to add a little tension in the first part would help to improve the atmoshere.
Over all a well done first game. I hope you continue to create.
Thanks for your feedback! The out-of-body mode was an intentional easter egg, I use that to create screenshots ;) Manually pressing Use to get into the boat would be a nice improvement yeah, if you were mashing the button you immediately skip the outro cinematic.
Greetings from Germany, I really liked the game, the atmosphere and sounds were really good and I loved the graphics. The only thing I didn't like was the model of the monster. It was not that creepy as expected. Keep the good work up. :)
I also made a video about your game, you can check it out here:
ending was confusing but i was a great game i wonder that thoe weird people are.
Really fantastic stuff, very neat visuals and the sound effects were on point. Nice job!
I love the game.
I think you should use what you've made here to make a (perhaps multiplayer via LAN or otherwise online servers?) game about Conquistadors vs. Natives, with everything from rapiers and matchlocks to the macuahuitl and atlatl.